Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn with AP-700 WDS Configuration Issue

• kez
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2011 19:27 #67972 by kez
Hi Folks,

I have Dreytek 2820vn which works fine.
I also recently bought Dreytek AP-700 having read Mikeys Guide for WDS ( wireless distribution system )
www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_wlan_AP700_WDS.html.

I've followed the instructions to the word and can't get it to work.
On the 2820vn router the menu page at "Wireless LAN --> WDS" is fairly un-responsive and was on a few attempts at set-up completely static - I could'nt change anything on that page.
I initially tried WPA encryption but thought that might fox it so everything is now WEP.

Radio coverage where the AP-700 is located is great.

Anyone any ideas !!!

Kez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2011 08:37 #67976 by legal
Not sure if it helps but got AP700 working after this posting - http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14806&p=63780#p63780 - must say that my experience of using Draytek products over many years is that it can be hit-and-miss if just using the instruction manuals and it often requires a bit of trial & error with the expectation of a lot of frustration along the way but when they do work they are top notch!

More
10 Jun 2011 09:19 #68194 by psykix
@Kez,

Did you ever get this working properly? I'm having the same issues :-(

More
10 Jun 2011 14:30 #68203 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: 2820vn with AP-700 WDS Configuration Issue
I perservered with my setup in WDS mode for 6 months but never got good performance on the link between the 2820 and the AP700. They were only 10ft appart separated by a 200 year old wooden floor packed with earth deadening, it also seems to act as a very good wifi attenuator! Once I ran a cable between the two all my problems stopped. The only thing is the AP700 is not GB so you cant take full advantage of the wireless n speed capability.

Howard

Moderators: Sami