DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

FIBRE, ADSL2 and Draytek Vigor 2820

• user_ams
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2011 14:24 #68013 by user_ams
FIBRE, ADSL2 and Draytek Vigor 2820 was created by user_ams
We have two broadband lines to our premises. One of our lines has been upgraded to fibre. My Draytek currently uses an ADSL2 connection (under the WAN1 setting). I thought, if possible, I could add my fibre line to this by using WAN2 and using the PPPoE settings, so that both could be running at the same time and we would have virtually no downtime if one line failed. The WAN2 connections are correct and it does dial in (I have assigned the fixed ip linked to that broadband connection). So all settings on the front router page are green, however it will not let me browse the internet suggesting dns settings are incorrect? Once I remove the WAN2 cable from the draytek the internet works.
I woudl appreciate it if someone could help me out.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2011 19:08 #68062 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: FIBRE, ADSL2 and Draytek Vigor 2820
Sounds like the PPPoE is not picking up the right DNS addresses but is taking precedence.

Just some ideas...
  • Have you tried dynamic IP (just to test, it may set correctly)?

• Have you checked what the DNSs are on the status page?

• Try ping 8.8.8.8 from PC etc. to see if pure IP is routing with no domain names.

• Sometimes (inexplicably) thu draytek routers need DNS servers specified under LAN/General even if you are not using the inbuilt DHCP server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami