Pre purchase questions re 2830N

• veletron2
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2011 13:26 #68143 by veletron2
Pre purchase questions re 2830N was created by veletron2
Hi

I am looking at buying a 2830N and have a couple of questions:

- I read somewhere that the USB port is USB1.1 rather than USB2.0. I had hoped to connect a USB disk in this port for network backup purposes. USB1.1 will be too slow

- Can the 5.4GHz band be used at the same time as the 2.4GHz band? I have an iPhone which will not do 5GHz and a laptop and tablet which will, I therefore need both. Some routers allow you to specify the wireless protocols supported on each band (i.e B+G on 2.4GHz, and N-only on 5GHz). Does the Draytek support this?

- How is the overall reliability of this device. I am moving from a Netgear Prosafe DGFV338 since I want wireless-N and a gigabit switch. I dont want to go backwards reliability wise.

Nigel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2011 10:28 #68159 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: Pre purchase questions re 2830N

veletron2 wrote: ...Can the 5.4GHz band be used at the same time as the 2.4GHz band? I have an iPhone which will not do 5GHz and a laptop and tablet which will, I therefore need both. Some routers allow you to specify the wireless protocols supported on each band (i.e B+G on 2.4GHz, and N-only on 5GHz). Does the Draytek support this?...l

Apparently it's a "No" mentioned here: http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15957&p=67963&hilit=chipset#p67963

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami