Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710 Firewall Block

• lukeledbrook
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jun 2011 16:21 #68229 by lukeledbrook
Vigor 2710 Firewall Block was created by lukeledbrook
Hi there,

I'm trying to get a set of rules to block 5 PC's on my LAN from 08.30 until 12:00 and then 14:00 til 17:00. However, before i got to messing with the schedule I thought I would just try a simply block rule and I've no idea why I cannot get it working!

I've created a 3rd filter, and set the following:

I've got my laptop set to 192.168.0.3 but I can still browse and indeed have done so to post on this forum! Am i missing something?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2011 09:11 #68279 by paul.lewis
Replied by paul.lewis on topic Re: Vigor 2710 Firewall Block
Do you need to set the "Filter" option under "Firewall/General Setup" to BLOCK to enable this filter?

I've had similar issues trying to block URL's I either got no blocking or legitimate sites were blocked for no apparent reason. I feel the object based filtering is far too complex and convoluted for all but absolute experts, but as I've only been in IT since 1975 that doesn't include me!

Vigor 2110n user. ex 2600G, Thompson, Netgear and DLINK user

More
16 Jun 2011 19:23 #68286 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2710 Firewall Block
That looks a bit like you've set it up under Filter set #3 - make sure that #2 default data filter set links to set#3 by using the Next Filter Set setting in filter set 2. Or change the start filter set. What's most likely happening right now is that nothing links to filter set 3 so that rule isn't being processed.

Moderators: Sami