Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 IP Routed Subnet and WAN 2

• cazahenha
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2011 18:13 #68284 by cazahenha
2830 IP Routed Subnet and WAN 2 was created by cazahenha
Hi everyone,

I've just installed a new 2830 router with an additional IP routed subnet containing our public IP addresses for our servers. With only WAN 1 enabled, the servers in the IP Routed work fine. However as soon as I enable our "WAN 2" connection the servers in the IP Routed Subnet work fine for connections established from the WAN, however anything that originates from one of the servers i.e. a ping, wget does not get anything back? You can see the request going out through the router in the syslog however the response does not appear? Disable WAN 2 and everthing starts working again and the reponses apprear in the syslog? Does anyone know what could be the problem... I need both WAN's up and running.

Thanks,

Caza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2011 23:02 #68494 by kbates@wn1-it.com
Replied by kbates@wn1-it.com on topic Re: 2830 IP Routed Subnet and WAN 2
I have a similar if not the same problem with a 2820, I wanted routed block on wan1, nat'd traffic on wan2. The problem I found was that some routed traffic would go out via wan2 and be NAT'd and would fail, VPN's would be unstable as the out going traffic got NAT'd when it went out via WAN2. I tried all sorted with different entries in the load balancing table and nothing would work. Have you tried the telnet command to set the default WAN port.

In the end we fitted two 2820 and split the network into two parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami