DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sync speed of new router

• ismoore999
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2011 15:43 #68296 by ismoore999
Sync speed of new router was created by ismoore999
I have recently upgraded from a Thomson Router to a 2820n.I am with Plusnet ADSL2+ and reliability of the router ( I have had three failures in the last three years) made me decide to purchase rather than use the standard router.
However I did this at a time when my BB had just failed due to a line fault which has caused BT to drop my profile to ~4Mb/s from 9Mb/s previously.

Since they have rectified the problem - and I left the Thomson originally connected just for support reasons, I notice that my sync rate on the Thompson had increased to ~16Mb/s (though rate remained at 4Mb/s but with a much higher s/n ratio of 21 (up from around 10)

But I cannot find out how to detect the sync rate of the 2820.

I looked in CLI via Telnet and there is an indication of the DS max rate but this is only ~6Mb - much lower than the Thomson.

Can anyone help me understand how I can find the sync rate

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2011 13:49 #68307 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Sync speed of new router
That's shown on the online status page or "show status" in telnet.

• ismoore999
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jun 2011 20:21 #68323 by ismoore999
Replied by ismoore999 on topic Re: Sync speed of new router
Thanks for the info.

Actually the line speed was being capped since the recent problems so the Draytek was a more accurate indication of the speed.

The cap has been removed but I am back to the Thompson for a different issue that I will investigate and may have to post back. Basically though the router starts off fast I slowly find that the performance drops - this is more noticeable if P2P is happening. Soon even loading websites becomes impossible - even timing out DNS requests.

I tried to see if implementing QOS helped but it made no difference. Once I am convinced that all of the line issues are over I will put the draytek back and see if the issue goes away.
Ian

Moderators: Sami