DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n firmware upgrade!

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jun 2011 10:45 #1 by akwe-xavante
2830n firmware upgrade! was created by akwe-xavante
Hope someone can help with a simple question, someone may know.

I'm currently using a 2820n router and i'm having no issues with it at all. However i do have a noisy 16 port Gigabit Ethernet Switch connected to the routers only Gigabit port.

This Gigabit Switch in theory is only required during normal working hours and not all the time. I do have a Linux Box with a Web, FTP and Samba server on 24/7/365 and one Win7 box on during working hours.

At the mo my Gigabit Switch is on 24/7/365. I have 10 workstations where customer computers are placed for repairs, software and hardware repairs and often require local and internet access for various reasons. So many computers go through the workshop each day.

I would like to buy a 2830n to get 4 Gigabit ports, one for the Linux Box and one for the Win7 box and a third connected to my Gigabit Switch. This would let me switch off the Gigabit Switch, reducing noise and power consumption when its not being used but still give my Linux box and the Win7 box internet and local access.

However it appears that the 2830 has an ip address allocation issue at present, this would be a disaster for me when my workshop has a continuous flow of very different computers going through it every day.

Does anybody know if Draytek intend to resolve this issue and when this might happen?

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami