Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Wireless AP to Draytek ADSL issue

• dean wheatley
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jun 2011 09:43 #1 by dean wheatley
Draytek Wireless AP to Draytek ADSL issue was created by dean wheatley
Hi

I have an issue with a Vigor 2900v (used as a wifi access point) and a Vigor 2600 (used as adsl modem for internet connectivity) not allowing or passing internet traffic. We use the vigor 2900v to allow guests to connect via wireless, the traffic is then forwarded to the 2600 to go out onto the web. This has worked for some time and as far as i am aware no config changes have been made, however the other day the 2900v decided it was going to consistently drop wifi connections and not reconnect. So I decided to backup the config and restore to another 2900v all went through ok and now I connect via wireless and it stays connected. Now I just cannot get onto the internet through this connection method. Once on the wifi connection I can ping both the 2600 and the 2900 and log onto their web interfaces. if I run a tracert to 8.8.8.8 it shows that the traffic is following the correct path, ie via wifi AP and then onto the 2600, but it refused to pass anything to the internet. I can also connect the same machine directly into the 2600 and browse the internet without a problem.

Slightly bewildered...
Dean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami