Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware Version (co.uk or com)

• octron
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2011 15:20 #68433 by octron
Firmware Version (co.uk or com) was created by octron
Hi

I see that for the Draytek Vigor 2910 you have listed in the .co.uk website the F/W 3.2.4 but in the .com for the same model you have the F/W 3.2.5.1

What version should users in the UK/Ireland use the 3.2.4 or the 3.2.5.1?

I now have the 3.2.5.1 will it cause any problem for using it, on performance or speed?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2012 21:01 #71614 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Firmware Version (co.uk or com)
I just installed 3.2.5.2. A while back when I was having trouble with 3.2.3 Draytek told me to try 3.2.4 (before it was officially available in UK) so I figured it is worth a punt.
Anyway, we've been having real problems with I'anything's connecting (since IOS5) and I thought I'd give it a go. It's improved the IOS issues a bit (although binding the MAC to the IP address seems to have been the real fix).
3.2.5.2 supports Safari browser (so can access router from IPAD) and has some other tweaks. No problems after 2 days. Go for it.

More
20 Mar 2012 21:26 #71626 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Firmware Version (co.uk or com)
Well another 24 hrs and it seems it's not so reliable after all.
When it works, it's great, but it seems to be dropping the PPPoE link through the V100 modem (other link for me is by ethernet DHCP client). Also had a few spontaneous reboots.
Not so bad I'm going to back it out, but if it gets worse then I might try 3.2.5.1.

I revise my enthusiasm downwards to "proceed with caution".

Moderators: Sami