DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2130n / VPN usage

• timo_w2s
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2011 16:14 #1 by timo_w2s
Vigor 2130n / VPN usage was created by timo_w2s
I've been looking at the Vigor 2130n as I'm interested in its speeds (I have a 100Mb internet connection) and VPN features. I assume this will work better than my current basic Netgear router that doesn't seem to get me speeds much above 40Mb on the net.

I have an account with a VPN provider and would like to use the Vigor 2130n to log in to it so that multiple devices on the LAN can use be routed through this VPN account. I assume this is what the VPN Dial Out is used for but I'm not sure if it is possible to be able to have a device connected to one LAN port or IP range that is always connected via VPN and another device on another LAN port or IP range that is just connected to the normal internet (ie no VPN). I don't need the devices talking to each other within the LAN.

Also, if the VPN goes down can the router automatically dial up again? Or does it have to be manually restarted?

Basically I'd like to set up a network so some devices are always connected via VPN and some devices are connected to the internet the normal way and not have to worry too much about it once it is all set up.

If the 2130n is not suitable, can anyone advise me on a better alternative? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami