Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 with fixed IP and modem on WAN2

• bunndev
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2011 17:26 #68441 by bunndev
2820 with fixed IP and modem on WAN2 was created by bunndev
Hi all,

This is driving me mad so any assistance most appreciated!

I have a BT Broadband account with 5 public IP's. The way it works is that your ADSL modem is assigned a dynamic IP and then you can use the 5 public IP's on your network. I want to use the BT supplied modem (Business Hub) to connect to the Internet and then use the Draytek 2820 to connect a VPN using one of the public IP addresses.

Thus my setup is:

Draytek 2820 (fixed public IP) => WAN2 => BT Modem (dynamic IP) => Internet => Other end of VPN

I set the modem up with a 192.168.0.1 address and assigned DHCP to hand out 192.168.0.2 only (as the 2820 is handling DHCP on the PC side of the network on a different subnet). I then set up WAN2 to use the "Static or Dynamic IP" settings. This worked to the point where a PC on the network could connect to the Internet.

The thing I can't work out is how to assign the public IP I want to the Draytek so the VPN can connect.

Anyone got any ideas?

BunnDev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bunndev
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2011 06:58 #68464 by bunndev
Replied by bunndev on topic Re: 2820 with fixed IP and modem on WAN2
Bump, anyone know how to do this? :D

More
06 Jul 2011 14:33 #68509 by airspike
Replied by airspike on topic Re: 2820 with fixed IP and modem on WAN2
Hi BunnDev,

I am using a Vigor 120 modem, connected to a 2930 which I suspect isn't a whole country mile from the 2820.
I attach to the internet via PPPOE, enter the Username from BT, plus the password, then there is an option for WAN IP Alias, set Static IP, and press Alias button and enter your 5 static IP address's. Hit OK, then restart router. You can the assign your static IP address to your Private Pool.
I have a problem though, while the VPN works, I can access my PC in the office etc, can ping other devices, I am trying to get my Elastix Box (IPPBX) to talk to another via IAX2 trunks over the VPN, THIS I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH!!!!

Any advice very welcome!

Thanks in anticipation,

Airspike

Moderators: Sami