DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn, dynamicdns and new virgin superhub

• pthornhill
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2011 15:40 #68513 by pthornhill
2820vn, dynamicdns and new virgin superhub was created by pthornhill
Hi. Have a 2820vn and Virgin media 30mb residential cable. VM just replaced the old cable modem (which worked just fine connected via ethernet to 2820 WAN2) with their new superhub (which is a router and cable modem based on a netgear). The problem i have now is that the draytek WAN2 is getting a LAN address off the superhub's DHCP (the old modem assigned the public IP to draytek WAN2), and the draytek then updates dyndns with that LAN address. The superhub cannot do dynamicdns updates so i can't just move the dyndns update to the superhub and not do it on the draytek.

Anyone know any way to make the draytek update dyndns with the public ip from the device attached to WAN2? apparently VM are replacing all residential cable modems with this superhub so this will be a problem for quite a few folks i would think.

Not so super is my impression

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2011 17:01 #68515 by voodle
Until VM release the firmware that enables modem mode (there's a public beta of R27/R28 on the VM forums you might want to check out), you won't be able to do that from the router itself - I'm currently stuck doing it using a PC running the update client software.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami