DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Fastest HSDPA phone supported by 2910?

More
13 Jul 2011 09:37 #68585 by chez
I've found plenty of info on which 3g dongles are supported by the 2910, but I need a phone as the sim I have with unlimited data won't work in a dongle.

Ideally I want something that can do 7.2mbps HSDPA and HSUPA or HSPA+, but something capable of 3.6mbps would be ok.

An iPhone 3GS seems like overkill for this purpose and the only other option I can see is an n95.

Does anyone have any suggestions/experience with this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2011 12:27 #68587 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Fastest HSDPA phone supported by 2910?
Are you sure you can't use the sim in a dongle? When I was stuck using 3G for a bit, I had to borrow the sim from my iphone 3g which has unlimited data but that worked for getting internet access using the right APN settings.

More
13 Jul 2011 23:13 #68595 by chez
I tried the sim on a zte three dongle connected to a pc and any time I tried to browse the web, I got a message saying I could only use the sim in a phone or in a phone tethered, but not in a dongle and thought I would need a mobile broadband data add on, rather than a mobile data (unlimited) add on.

More
10 Sep 2011 20:05 #69303 by supertech86
Replied by supertech86 on topic Re: Fastest HSDPA phone supported by 2910?
I'm in the same position as you Chez. Did you have any luck? I do know that a Nokia N95 is supposed to work and that is capable of 3.6Mbps. But I would also prefer something a bit quicker.

Moderators: Sami