DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3g Drops out on Vigor 2820n

• edswift
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jul 2011 15:30 #68655 by edswift
3g Drops out on Vigor 2820n was created by edswift
Hi Guys, I hope someone can help me out with this problem? I have a Vigor 2820n router with the latest firmware loaded(3.3.5.2_232201). I have the WAN1 interface disabled and WAN 2 is using a 3g dongle(Model: MF627 3 internet).
The router connects fine but after about 10-20 minutes it disconnects and from the Status page does not even appear to be physically connected. The only way I can reconnect is by disconnecting and reconnecting the dongle.
As an experiment I set a machine to ping the router from the WAN side and this seems to keep the router online so it seems like some kind of idle time out. I have also submitted a ticket to Draytek but haven't received a confirmation email so not sure what is happening...

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edswift
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2011 09:28 #68707 by edswift
Replied by edswift on topic Re: 3g Drops out on Vigor 2820n
To summarise... I tested with two different dongles and the same thing happened. I enabled syslog but there were no errors just normal ppp messages.I Downgraded to 3.3.3 to see if it would be more stable. It wasn't.
In the end I enabled wan detect ping an external ip(8.8.8.8) which seems to keep the 3g online. A bit of a work around but it works although it does use 10-20 Mbytes a day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami