Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120, Apple Timecapsule and O2 Setup

• coolestboarder
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jul 2011 18:14 #1 by coolestboarder
Vigor 120, Apple Timecapsule and O2 Setup was created by coolestboarder
Dear Forum,

I just want to check I have configured things properly on my new Vigor 120 as while it works, the modem drops the connection at least once a day and doesn't re-establish it without being turned off and on again.

I have the Vigor 120 (latest firmware) setup for O2 LLU in MPoA mode following the instructions on the Draytek website. However I had to deviate from the instructions in that when the Vigor 120 is then connected to my Apple Timecapsule (latest firmware), the Timecapsule has to be setup in Ethernet mode rather than PPPoE mode.

When I tried to set the Timecapsule to PPPoE mode, it couldn't connect. As it is, my O2 IP address is passed to the Timecapsule which is happy acting as the router in Ethernet mode providing Internet access to the devices connected without problem.

When the Vigor 120 drops the connection the Apple Timecapsule seems to still think it has an IP address, it reports no fault. However restarting the Vigor 120 re-establishes a working Internet connection.

Oh and at no point since I got my Vigor 120 last week as the Internet LED beside the DSL LED flashed. Anyway, all help and comments gratefully appreciated. Malcolm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami