DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

RESOLVED: Vigor 3300V+ Fixed IPs, Firewall and VPN Setup

• rabrowne
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2011 14:51 #68730 by rabrowne
Hi!

I've been trying to configure our Vigor 3300V+ for the last 2 weeks now to try and get things working.

So far I've had a little success, to the point where the mimimum is working, but I'd like to configure the last few things to ensure that everything is working.

The setup:
2x BT Lines w/ BT hubs operating in Bridge Mode and 5 Fixed IPs per line (10 in total)
1x Vigor 3300V+
1x Vigor 2820 (remote location)

The problems:
These are the problems that I'm struggling with.
1. On the Vigor 3300V+, I want to be able to assign a fixed IP with a specific computer so that if someone accesses the public ip address x.x.x.x it automatically sends the data to 192.168.0.xxx, but if someone accesses y.y.y.y it sends it to 192.168.0.yyy. I have the 2 WANs configured and working and the IP aliases are listed correctly for each line. How do I get the above to work?

2. Next I want to have one machine connected to have the public IP address of z.z.z.z, without an internal IP. i.e. the computer has the IP z.z.z.z. Do I need to configure anything in the 3300V+ to allow the computer to actually utilise this IP?

3. I want to configure the firewall to Block all inbound communications on the Vigor 3300v+ (apart from a select few ports that I will open), unless there has been an outbound communication. Is this possible to set up on the vigor 3300V+? And if so, how?

4. Finally I want to create a LAN-to-LAN IPSec connection between the Vigor 3300V+ and the Vigor 2820. I've configured everything as I think it should be configured, but for some reason, neither draytek are talking to each other. Can someone give me a little help with the settings that are required for each of the units to create the link?

I appreciate that the above is a bit of a shopping list, but unfortunately I'm not totally familiar with the 3300v+ interface as this is the first time I've come across it, and some of the settings fields seem to make no sense.

Any help with any/all the above issues, would be greatly appreciated.

-Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rabrowne
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jul 2011 14:12 #68772 by rabrowne
Okay! So eventually bit the bullet and called Draytek Support, but figured I'd post the answers for future reference:

1. This can only be done by doing the port forwarding rules. Basically you have to select the ports, the incoming IP and the local IP.

2. This can be done by allowing IP routing on the LAN config page. You have to assign one fixed IP as the gateway (this is what you input on the IP Routing page) and then assign the 2nd fixed IP to the terminal through the OS's configuration, using the gateway ip as described earlier. You must also ensure that the two IPs are not listed in the IP Alias table for the WAN connection. In addition you may have to reboot your computer before it actually starts working.

3. This is apparently not possible. I guess I'll have to think of an alternative to getting this configured.

4. Eventually got the settings correct, but if you're struggling, I suggest you contact the Draytek Support people, who were very helpful and knowledgeable, even if it is a premium rate number.

I hope the above helps someone else with their issues, and if not, at least I have a record somewhere of how to set things up again if everything goes wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami