DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n VLAN setup

• matt91
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2011 21:16 #68736 by matt91
2830n VLAN setup was created by matt91
Hi, Just got my 2830n today and I'm very pleased with it.

I want to setup 2 VLAN's so that one has SSID1 and P3 (printer) on it, the other having everything else (including P3 as well). Basically the VLAN with SSID1 needs isolating from the rest of the network leaving it with printer (ethernet not usb) and WAN access.

I've tried the configuration in the image below but end up getting locked out and having to reset to factory to get back in, I've obviously got something wrong or missed something out

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2011 09:50 #68740 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830n VLAN setup
Untick "Enable" for both of those VLANs, when you tick Enable it forces the LAN ports to only accept tagged VLAN packets - your setup is more of a port based VLAN though so you'll need to avoid using VLAN tags.
One other thing is that you'll need to untick P3 in VLAN0.
If you want the printer to be accessible on both that guest network and your main network, you're going to have to use an additional VLAN i.e. have SSID1 in VLAN2 for instance then put VLAN1 & VLAN2 into different LAN subnets such as LAN2 and LAN3.
You can then control access between those networks from LAN - General Setup under Inter-VLAN routing - set up LAN 1 to be able to access LAN2 but not LAN3 and LAN3 to access LAN2. That'll keep the printer separate but allow both networks to use it without the guest network being able to access the main LAN.

• matt91
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2011 11:37 #68743 by matt91
Replied by matt91 on topic Re: 2830n VLAN setup
Thanks Voodle, that works exactly how I wanted. Both can use the printer now without seeing each other :D

Moderators: Sami