DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VOIP Connection issues after ADSL drop-outs

• catzi
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2011 15:08 #68745 by catzi
I'm using the Voiptalk service through my 2830vn but with a Grandstream IP phone rather than the inbuilt Draytek VOIP functions (the location of the router is inconvenient for connecting a regualr phone).

My ADSL service is a bit iffy at the moment and I usually get at least one drop-out a day. I find that after the drop-outs the IP phone generally does not reconect to the Voiptalk service (I can see from syslog that it is trying). Rebooting the Grandstream phone has no effect but restarting the 2830 always fixes the problem. This happens whether I am using the 2830's inbuilt ADSL modem or a standalone ethernet modem on the 2830's WAN port.

I assume that this is a NAT'ing problem and somehow the 2830 is losing track of the Grandstream's connections. Anyone else come across this or know of any workarounds? I might just end up switching to another router as it's such a pain. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2011 09:06 #68826 by craigski
Im seeing something similar. I find VoIP phones (Siemens) sometimes go offline 'unregistered' with sipgate, and a restart of 2830NP fixes the problem. Im using lasted firmware on the 2830. I didnt have problem with the 2800G that the 2830 has replaced, same phones sipgate accounts. As you say a bit annoying, so would be good if they can fix soon.

I hadnt correlated this to ADSL drop outs on my router, but will look closer at ADSL uptime when the phones go offline again.

(NOTE: Mine is NOT a V version, its a 2830N dual band without voice)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami