DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830Vn - reboots constantly with HUAWEI E1550

• and235100
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2011 17:19 #68747 by and235100
Hi. I am experiencing a problem with my Draytek Vigor 2830Vn. The router was fine since I last updated the firmware (a month or more ago) - up to a few days ago. The HUAWEI Mobile Broadband dongle (model E1550) I had plugged into the router worked perfectly since install (the 3G modem works fine in the router and plugged into a PC). Now - everytime I have the 3G modem plugged into the router, it constantly reboots (ACT, USB, CSM & DSL green lights go fully on), then a click, and the Vigor restarts. It then will reboot again after the DSL light blinks, and goes to a full-on state. I even purchased another HUAWEI E1550, thinking it was the 3G modem - but that exhibits the same problem. A normal USB stick is fine - the Syslog function writes to the USB stick - and the router stays on, working fine. Have you any idea why this would be happening - the 3G modem used to failover and exhibited no negative effects before a couple of days ago.

Firmware - 3.6.6.1db_232201

Any ideas?
TIA.
Andrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2011 09:09 #68763 by nealuk
Syslog isn't also trying to write data to the 3G USB stick is it?

• and235100
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jul 2011 20:29 #68789 by and235100
No - Syslog is configured to use a server IP.

In any case - problem is now resolved.

Draytek came back to me to try the 3.3.6 (non-DB) firmware - this broke the router (constant reboots) - so I put the router in TFTP mode, and using the firmware tool the router is now working again on 3.3.6.1db - and the 3G modem is no longer causing router reboots. (I used the RST firmware, and put my settings back in)

Thanks Draytek!! :shock:

More
14 Sep 2012 18:45 #73495 by tonyr9652
I have exactly the same problem !

I applied 3.3.7.1db to my 2830VN recently, and all initially seemed fine - until I next tried using a 3G dongle (Huawei E169, which had previously worked fine). Now, whenever plug in the dongle, the router goes into a loop - rebooting every 10-20 seconds and never actually coming up. I too thought it was a faulty dongle, but have just tried another (Huawei K4511, on the compatibility list) and I get the same result.

So the 3.3.7.1db firmware is defective ? Is there an alternative version recommended (and available on the website) ?

Thanks in advance
Tony Roberts

Moderators: Sami