DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

transfer settings from 2820 to 2830

• maciejdeb
  • Topic Author
More
09 Aug 2011 11:08 #68959 by maciejdeb
transfer settings from 2820 to 2830 was created by maciejdeb
I there any way to transfer config from 2820 to 2830, the reason for that is I do not remebmer passwords for broadband and wireless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2011 20:08 #68966 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: transfer settings from 2820 to 2830
Sorry I am afraid not. You will need to enter them all manually.

One of the bad things with DrayTeks and there binary configs.

John

More
12 Aug 2011 08:30 #69013 by craigski
Replied by craigski on topic Re: transfer settings from 2820 to 2830
Draytek need to wake up and realise that some kind of method is required to 'migrate' devices. Many of our customers have complex setups on their legacy 2800 2820 devices. We would love to upsell new devices, but the effort in manually going through multiple screens to reconfigure is too time consuming and prone to error. The problem is only going to get worse as new features are added. I have asked draytek for this many times, but they just dont get it. :roll:

Maybe if other VARs asked they may think about a solution. My ideal solution would be to 'extract' config from device to human readable format, and then the ability to 'import' this into a new device, with modifications if required. This doesnt have to be a feature on the draytek, it could be an external program that has the ability to read the binary config.

More
12 Aug 2011 18:35 #69030 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Re: transfer settings from 2820 to 2830
I also know, that loading a configuration of a draytek router X into router Y is not supported and, not recommended, but, I must admit, i never tried.

What happens, if you load a 2820 config into a 2830?

Moderators: Sami