DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830N Lan Port Issue

• iandrews
  • Topic Author
More
11 Aug 2011 11:28 #1 by iandrews
2830N Lan Port Issue was created by iandrews
Hi, just got a 2830N, and been running for a week with my PC's running off a switch attached to Lan Port 1 (they are in another room, so a cable links the 2). Got the laptop out last night, and had it plugged into Lan Port 2, it seemed to pick up a DHCP address ok, but I couldn't access the internet, tried pinging a local PC and it replied, tried plugging the laptop into Lan Port 3, and still no internet access, and this time when I tried pinging a local PC i got "request timed out" (might have been an ARP issue if the router thought that the MAC address was on Port 2 still). Plugged the laptop into Lan Port 1, and Internet access was fine.

I haven't set up anything under VLAN's, and apart from changing the IP range of "LAN 1" to be 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.1.1 (because I have several devices configured for that range) I haven't changed anything else.

So, by default should Lan Port 2 - 4 be able to access the internet, (and Lan Port 1 and each other). Or do I need to go into the VLAN settings page, and tick Enable, and then under VLAN0 put a tick in all the P1 - P4 boxes, and the SSID's that I have set up.

(Extra Info, I am using WAN2 to access the internet over a BT Infinity (VDSL) modem).

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami