DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Bridge mode?

• smurgy
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2011 17:46 #69056 by smurgy
Bridge mode? was created by smurgy
I have quite a few different Vigors in use my my users, though mainly 2820n's.

These days more and more ISP's are providing a free router preprogrammed with their userid and password. My question is - is there a way to set up the Vigor to run behind their router? The reason I want to do this is so that I dont have to reprogram the 2820 with the broadband userid and password. I need to use the Vigor though, since I use VPN tunnels from the Vigor to the main office (where I run a pair of 3330's in fail over mode) and most of the free ISP routers dont support VPN. The other advantage to this solution is the that my home workers can use the ISP router for family member, eg wireless access, but only office equipment would be plugged into the 2820 and thus able to use the VPN tunnel

With BT Infinity, I have the 2820n using WAN2 and PPOE to trigger the diallup, but I'd prefer to use the BT Home Hub (with the 2820 behind it) since it seems to provide a better throughput.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 16:05 #69140 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: Bridge mode?
Putting the freebie (say thomson speedtouch 585) in to bridge mode passes the line to the next device. So the WAN2 of your 2820 would still have to handle the ISP connection username and password side of things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami