Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2700VG WAN IP Alias & QoS

• morelenmir
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2011 19:20 #69058 by morelenmir
2700VG WAN IP Alias & QoS was created by morelenmir
Hello Forum!

I have just got hold of a 2700VG. I am having trouble setting up the multi-NAT and QoS features. Firstly - although the manual fully outlines the process - when I look in Internet Setup>>PPoa\PPoE I find there is NO 'WAN IP Alias' button! It is simply missing!!! In a similar way, when I open the Bandwidth Management>>Quality of Service page I am simply presented with a (pre-ticked) 'Enable QoS' checkbox and NO OTHER page content!!! It is simply blank, despite the manual showing pictures of what the page SHOULD look like with all the settings links and so forth!!! I find that amazing!!!

I am moving up from a 2600+ as my exchange has switched over to ADSL2 and so am fairly profficient in Vigor-use! Bizzarely I find I can use Telnet to overcome the VERY strange missing 'WAN IP Alias' button problem and enter my list of external IPs. I may be able to do the same with QoS, but would much rather not have to as the router plainly SHOULD have the appropriate GUI HTML pages...

Any help or advice gratefully accepted on this puzzling problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• morelenmir
  • Topic Author
More
31 Aug 2011 14:57 #69176 by morelenmir
Replied by morelenmir on topic Re: 2700VG WAN IP Alias & QoS
No worries.

I have switched back to my old - and excellent - 2600+. Yes, it is marginally slower as it must connect through GDMT, but the superior build quality and feature more than compensate. I would advise anyone who is considering picking up a 2700VG NOT to do so - despite being an old model you can still find old stock for sale at £100+ and £65-85 on ebay. Thankfully I only paid £29.99. Avoid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami