DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 - VoIP handsets keep losing connection Via WAN2

• siplicity
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2011 16:49 #69090 by siplicity
Hi

I have a 2820 with a Netgear DG834 connected to WAN2. I have a number of VoIP handsets (not Draytel) on the network, all with reserved IP's.

Basically I want all traffic to go out via WAN1, apart from the handsets. These are to go via WAN2.

I have set the following rules in the load balancing policy:

10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.99 to WAN1 (with failover to WAN2)
10.0.0.100 - 10.0.0.115 to WAN2 (with failover to WAN1)
10.0.0.116 - 10.0.0.254 to WAN1 (with failover to WAN2)

100 - 115 are my handsets.

This seems to be working. If I observe the activity lights on the routers and for example stream video, the netgear is dormant. Make a phone call and the Netgear is active.

The problem I am getting is that the handsets de-register every now and then as if they've lost connection and then re-register. They always re-register via WAN2 so are not failing over to WAN1. If I run everything via WAN1 the handsets stay consistantly connected. The Netgear is set to always on in its own software and on the Draytek.

Any suggestions as to why the WAN2 connection might be momentarily dropping would be great.

Many thanks,

Tom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 22:55 #69425 by mtech
Not a great help on your problem, but we have encountered a similar issue. Having tried to get to the bottom of it, I am lead to believe that Draytek have a beta Firmware upgrade to address this very issue. However, I've picked your post up whilst looking for such a beast (Which I can't find). Is this true Draytek? Is their a frimware upgrade planned or in development to address this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami