DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 and static IP addresses

• vampsthevampyre
  • Topic Author
More
22 Aug 2011 14:53 #69115 by vampsthevampyre
Vigor 2830 and static IP addresses was created by vampsthevampyre
I have just purchased a Vigor 2830 router which is connected to a BT network and connected to the internet all ok. The problem comes when I try to follow the "General Router FAQ - Using the 2nd (Public) LAN Subnet" When I click LAN>>General Setup I get a different screen to the one that is shown in the faq and there is no where to type in the details for the 2nd IP address or subnet mask? where do i find the location to add the 2nd ip address information. I've included a screen grab of my lan>>general setup screen.

Model Name : Vigor2830Vn
Firmware Version : 3.3.6_232201
Build Date/Time : Nov 5 2010 10:54:23

Thanks in advance

Ian

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8du50w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vampsthevampyre
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2011 17:25 #69129 by vampsthevampyre
Replied by vampsthevampyre on topic Re: Vigor 2830 and static IP addresses
rang up the technical help line yesterday and they told me to enable the vlan, sent me a nice picture of which boxes to tick, and it still doesnt give me the options that the faq document shows. so I'm no further than I was yesterday but my telephone bill is a little bit higher. Can any body help and tell me how to enable my 13 external static ip addresses and allow me to direct all traffic from one of them to a plc firewall on our internal network?

cheers

Ian

More
23 Aug 2011 20:51 #69130 by d malone
Replied by d malone on topic Re: Vigor 2830 and static IP addresses
Ian

A few days ago, I was speaking to a Draytek 2710 user. He couldn't see where and how, using the web interface, he could set up a second (public) IP address range but he did mention that he'd discovered that he could achieve the same effect using Telnet commands.

I can't confirm that this would work on a 2830 but maybe a thumb through the Telnet Commands document would be worthwhile.

Regards

---
D Malone

• vampsthevampyre
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2011 08:53 #69131 by vampsthevampyre
That's reasuring to know, but not how it was was described to me on a pre-sales email or on the telephone to the technical department. If it is possible to ask the other user you know how he managed it as it is causing me problems, I have an american machine that the manufacurer need to get internet access to for modifications and at the moment I can not give them access

Cheers

Ian

• vampsthevampyre
  • Topic Author
More
26 Aug 2011 10:03 #69149 by vampsthevampyre
Finally got it working, after a 15 minute phone call to the technical help line - I'm having a holiday when the phone bill comes in. But all thanks to Andrew who talkied me through it expertly and didnt moan when I was explaining thing wrong or when I told him the wrong IP ranges that BT had given me. But for everybody else who may have the same problem please find attached a modified version of the FAQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2wfwmp

More
29 Feb 2012 01:05 #71404 by zoltan9992000
Replied by zoltan9992000 on topic Re: Vigor 2830 and static IP addresses
that link appears to dead

any chance of re publising it ?

thank you

Moderators: Sami