Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Smart Monitor - SMTP & MSN

• squeak
  • Topic Author
More
22 Aug 2011 23:16 #1 by squeak
Smart Monitor - SMTP & MSN was created by squeak
Hi All

I have an issue with Smart Monitor 2.2.2, Port Mirroring and a Vigor 2820n that has me scratching my head and wondered if anyone has any suggestions please....

SM will only record certain emails from some mail domains i.e. it wont record anything from gmail.com and other .com domains but seems to record btinternet.com okay. Also MSN will only show the chat conversation one way even on clients on the same internal subnet. Its all a bit strange as this was all working as it should a few months back fine. I have tried older releases, different PC's to install SM on, and even tried the Linix version but the results are still the same, which leads me to believe its the router. All other aspects of SM work fine, and the network topology has not changed since it was working. SM monitors around PC 10 clients and the router is connected to a standard DSL line. A couple of the PC's are plugged straight into Ports 1 and 2, mirroring is on Port 3 and a switch with more clients connects to port 4, but results are the same regardless of PC being monitored.

The router has no filters set, no port forwarding or anything that's deviated from how it has been since I had it, apart from upgrading router FW to 3.3.5.2_232201 but I cant remember if it stopped working at that point unfortunately.

Any pointers would be gratefully received, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami