DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920 Slow Speeds

• ritchiescholten
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2011 09:20 #69120 by ritchiescholten
Vigor 2920 Slow Speeds was created by ritchiescholten
Hi, i have a Draytek 2920 that has a basic configuration on it, Static WAN IP on WAN2 some open ports for port forwarding.
I have a 10MB leased line which the ISP has said test fine to the end of their cable, when i plug said cable into a laptop directly configured witht eh same IP details as teh Draytek and get the expected 10MB and can download at between 4-7MB (to be expected when downloading an Ubuntu ISO)
However, when i plug the same cable into the 2920 WAN2 port configured with the same IP details as the laptop WAS, then set the laptop back to DHCP and plug into the LAN ports on the Draytek then download the same Ubuntu ISO it starts at 10MB then drops VERY fast down to like 90KB and speed tests report back less than 100kbps speeds.
There is no QoS or bandwidth management set up. Things i have tried to far:
Software reset
Hardware reset
Configuring only WAN2 IP details
Firmware reflash
BETA firmware from Draytek
New switch port on ISP's managed switch
Various MTU speeds from 1500-586 with download retests in-between.
New 2920 with all the above done to it
Sending the suspected faulty Draytek back to supplier who have have tested on a BT infinity line and got 25MB download speeds.

Everything screams of it being ISP but they are saying categorically there are no problems with their equipment and will charge us for a call out.

I am seriously stumped and at me wits end. The only thang that has changed since it was testing fine at 10MB is that i installed a new UPS battery in our comms room last Thurs, after that it stopped. I have tried moving the router out the room about 8 ft across the hall to rule out electrical interference but teh problem persists, so far Draytek have been useless in helping me resolve this so hopefully someone can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2011 18:25 #69181 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 2920 Slow Speeds
Who is the isp out of interest.
What have you got the physical type on wan2 set too. auto negation or another setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami