DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT Infinity & 2750Vn

• sohail579
  • Topic Author
More
26 Aug 2011 02:29 #69147 by sohail579
BT Infinity & 2750Vn was created by sohail579
I currently have a 2830VN using ADSL2+ but now looking to get BT Infinity i know i can use the existing router i have but would it be better for me to get the 2750? and if so will the 2750VN be compatible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2011 13:44 #69158 by carpangler1
Replied by carpangler1 on topic Re: BT Infinity & 2750Vn
Hi There

I've just bought a 2750n (not the V) and it works on BT FTTC (Bt Infinity). I use eclipse not BT, but I don't see that making a difference.

I have an issue though in that my IP profile has dropped to 24 meg from 37 meg and my throughput speed has dropped to 23 meg. Not sure at present if this is a result of the 2750 or another issue. Investigating at the moment. I've had it plugged in a week and just noticed this. One other issue is the wireless doesn't seem as good as the netgear dgn2000 and BT supplier modem it replaced. I'm getting about 2/3 wireless speed of that at best. I've contacted Vigor for comments as no matter what I do it won't increase.

However, in answer to your question, it does work. Whether you will have the issue I have with speed I can't comment. I'll await a reply from Vigor to my support ticket.

Enjoy

• sohail579
  • Topic Author
More
30 Aug 2011 03:20 #69164 by sohail579
Replied by sohail579 on topic Re: BT Infinity & 2750Vn
thanks carpangler1 your post has been most helpful keep me updated with going ons if you can!!

i may have to look into an alternative

More
03 Sep 2011 12:23 #69208 by bxg
Replied by bxg on topic Re: BT Infinity & 2750Vn
I have just been trying to get this to work with my BT Infinity - see connections & set up forum for detail. It connects but doesnt work for long before going down and re-starting. BT hub/modem has no problem in keeping its connection.

Moderators: Sami