DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 with latest firmware - difficulty blocking keywor

• robtheplod
  • Topic Author
More
26 Aug 2011 09:41 #69148 by robtheplod
Hi All
I've used my 2820 for years without problems, successfully blocking keywords quite easily. We updated the firmware which seems to have wiped our keywords and the whole process seems very complicated to the extent i cant figure out how i can block sites like hotmail/facebook etc anymore. I can't seem to find a walkthough for help so wondered if any of you people can help me??

thanks
rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2011 10:05 #69262 by mbenstead123456
Rob,

Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8QJHz2Rvo "Block Facebook Service via DrayTek Vigor Router's URL Content Filter"

Mike

More
08 Sep 2011 11:59 #69265 by frag
Go to the 'Object' menu and then go to the keywords section.

Create as many keyword objects as you like. Once you have your keywords, go to the keyword GROUP section and add all of the keyword objects to this group.

Once the keywords are complete, go to the CSM menu and then the URL filter. Create a new URL filter profile and select the keyword group you created earlier.

The final step is to go to the Firewall menu and then add the URL filter profile to the general setup page. This will then capture all traffic and pass it through the filter. If you later need to make exceptions to the URL filter then you can simply add the appropriate rule to the default data filter under the filter setup page.

booyah!

Moderators: Sami