DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n in Loop, ACK Timeout, Help.

• jurisprudence
  • Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2011 16:43 #69191 by jurisprudence
2820n in Loop, ACK Timeout, Help. was created by jurisprudence
Hi, please forgive my ignorance of much of this stuff, I'm used to dealing with netgear consumer grade routers etc, not the depth of a business router such as a 2820n. Also my apologies if this has been asked to death before. To cut a long story short I made a change last night on the lan> general setup page (screen from portforward below) and its all gone horribly wrong. I had 2820n set as dhcp with a gateway of 10.0.0.1. I accidentally set (i think, it was 5am) the 2nd "for IP Routing" to 10.0.0.2 and rebooted. The 2820 immediately became unresponsive and dropped all clients and attached AP's.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/DrayTek/Vigor_2820n/LAN_General_Setup.htm

Now I get ACT, USB, CSM (the left panel lights) coming on solid. After aprox 13 seconds all Lan lights flash once and ACT & QOS (top left, bottom right) lights come on solid for approx another 13-14 seconds. This repeats over and over. I've tried the usual factory reset, still the same. Tried resetting then powering on, the router does react but when I use the firmware update utility (either .all or .rst) I can only get maybe 70% through before it stalls and responds with an ACK Timeout error.

Anyone any ideas. Its out of warranty and cant afford another one of these things right now. Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jurisprudence
  • Topic Author
More
02 Sep 2011 21:56 #69206 by jurisprudence
Replied by jurisprudence on topic Re: 2820n in Loop, ACK Timeout, Help.
Gonna answer myself. Held the reset button in while turning on the 2820n and held it there for what must have been more than 4 minutes. After that the firmware upload didn't time out and upgrade went smoothly. Now unbricked and back running. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami