DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n Unusable Performance over Local Loop

• enverex
  • Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2011 21:25 #1 by enverex
I have the router configured to forward certain ports to a machine inside the LAN. This works fine normally.

The problem arrises when I'm inside the LAN and try and use a URL that the router bounces back through to the internal machine that is being forwarded to. Let me explain this more clearly:

bob.com points to my WAN IP.
The router is configured to forward all relevant ports to the machine inside the LAN, lets say 10.0.0.2 in this instance.

Connecting via SSH (or other services) to bob.com from OUTSIDE the LAN (i.e. work) is fine, performance is fine.
Trying to connect to 10.0.0.2 from inside the LAN (from a different machine, say 10.0.0.100) to any service, be it SSH, OpenSim, etc, all works fine, expected performance.

Trying to connect to bob.com (or even just the WAN IP directly) from inside the LAN (from the other internal machine, .100 again) is where the problem occurs. It works, but performance goes through the floor. SSH will kill itself with a broken pipe if I try and do anything that prints more than say, 1 line at once. OpenSim works but it only seems to manage 1 packet per second so as you can imagine, it's completely unusable.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any idea if there is a way around it?
Due to the configuration of a few things, it isn't possible to use the LAN IP when inside the LAN for a few things, so this needs to be resolved one way or another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami