Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3300V to Vigor 3300V

• mattstannard
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2011 19:43 #1 by mattstannard
Vigor 3300V to Vigor 3300V was created by mattstannard
Dear Draytek,

We have two Vigor 3330V routers, one in Ireland and one in London.

What I want to do is create a Secure VPN between the two, this should be possible and I've gone through your manual and also several other pieces of product literature.

The one in London has a Static IP address of 89.145.220.194. This is currently setup as a DMZ host for another machine connected to the router (with various ports forwarded). Do I need an IP which is unique for the tunnel as I have another IP also bound to the router 94.30.44.46.

I've set the London Router as follows:

VPN >> IPSEC >> Policy Table
New policy, with a Pre Shared Key, let's say 1234,
Local Gateway Settings is set to WAN1 with Security Gateway: default | Network IP: 0.0.0.0 | Next Hop: default
Remote Gateway Settings are Security Gateway 0.0.0.0 | Network IP / Subnet Mask / 32
This location has a local subnet of 192.168.0.x

The Ireland Router is setup in a similar way but with the Static IP being the Remote Security Gateway ID.
This location has a local subnet of 10.0.0.x

Nothing seems to work though, the London won't initiate and Ireland seems to say down.

Are you able to offer some guidance and indeed confirm that I am able to do this. What I want is for the Ireland office to be able to ping the 192.168.0.x across the IPSEC Tunnel.

Thank you all!!

Yours

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami