Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn for Credit Card device

• kez
  • Topic Author
More
24 Sep 2011 15:18 #69470 by kez
2820vn for Credit Card device was created by kez
Hello,
We have just received a letter from our merchant card processor saying that our credit card device has to be on a seperate network to all other PC's. How can we achieve this when all devices plug directly into the back of the 2820vn including the broadband enabled card device.

Thanks

ke z

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2011 08:30 #69471 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2820vn for Credit Card device
It depends exactly what they want. If it's a V2830 then it can be a separate logical network (e.g. 192.168.1.0 and 10.0.1.0).

Presumably your credit card machine works on IP (Internet); would a hard VLAN be adequate? i.e. one LAN port isolated ?

Alternatively, a separate WAN IP address feeding into a separate router etc.

Forum Administrator

• kez
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2011 10:18 #69473 by kez
Replied by kez on topic Re: 2820vn for Credit Card device
Hi,
Thank you for your response. Answering your questions :
1) It is a 2820vn not a V2830. I don't know if there is any difference.
2) Creating a 10.0.0.1 logical network for one physical port and having everything else on 192.168.1.1 may suffice. They're concern is that the card numbers could be sniffed by an unscropulous PC user.
3) the credit card device is an IP device and has its own assigned IP address
4) a hard VLAN with one physical LAN port isolated sounds like a good idea. I do not know how to implement this on the 2820vn.
5) I thought about a seperate WAN address feeding into a seperate modem router but as far as I can gather this would involve us in purchasing another telephone line and broadband subscription which is undesirable. Did you mean that we could use another modem router plugged into the back of the 2820vn and in some way use that.

Thank you

Ke z

Moderators: Sami