Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IP Redirect on Wireless (I think...)

• simonts
  • Topic Author
More
12 Oct 2011 12:27 #69662 by simonts
IP Redirect on Wireless (I think...) was created by simonts
Hi there,

I'm not sure of the exact technical term, so please humor me if I get this a little wrong. We have a Draytek setup (2830n Router, P2260 Switch and 2 800APs), with 2 SSIDs, one company and one guest one. We would like to be able to redirect the guest wireless traffic to a logon webpage - Application Redirection? - like you see in most hotels, cafes etc. I have never done this before and don't even know if it is possible on the Draytek equipment.

Running latest firmware on all equipment. Any help would be gratefully received.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2011 00:08 #69687 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: IP Redirect on Wireless (I think...)
You can do it using User Management which lets you force a landing page that you can put in HTML for to link to another page.
That'll mean having a username / password for this wireless guest thing but that's a reasonable layer of security in its own right - once people connect the router will force the browser to a router log in page which they have to authenticate with before they can do anything on the internet.
If you want that to apply to just the guest network, make a regular filter rule covering your internal network's subnet / IP range (just some simple one with an action of Pass Immediately that does nothing) and leave the guest network without filter rules. That will stop the router forcing your internal network PCs to log on to use the internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami