DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Issues with 2110n and Virgin Router

• marculos
  • Topic Author
More
16 Oct 2011 20:57 #69703 by marculos
Issues with 2110n and Virgin Router was created by marculos
Hi, I have recently changed to Virgin media and am having issues with my Draytelk 2110n and the Virgin superhub in modem only mode.

The wireless drops out quite regularly, the online status on the Draytek shows that the WAN connection hasn't disconnected. I have tried various different wifi channels to rule out interference and this does not seem to make a difference. Are there are specific settings I need to use on the Draytek together with a Virgin modem ? If I check the event logs it points to some dns issues. Any ideas would be appreciated, my old adsl Draytel wireless trouter was solid as a rock ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2011 09:23 #69704 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Issues with 2110n and Virgin Router
Firstly this, if you haven't done so already:
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=EABF7CC5-2B37-47B6-AF08-A33A9F291FA1

What firmware is on the 2110? Also do you have DoS defense enabled under the firewall menu?

• marculos
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2011 09:23 #69720 by marculos
Replied by marculos on topic Re: Issues with 2110n and Virgin Router
thanks for that will check. The router has the latest firmware installed, its only a few weeks old. I did a factory reset yesterday, worked fine all day with an unsecured wireless network. As soon as I enable WPA encryption the issue starts again, the connection will drop every few minutes ...

• marculos
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2011 12:09 #69722 by marculos

Voodle wrote: Firstly this, if you haven't done so already:
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=EABF7CC5-2B37-47B6-AF08-A33A9F291FA1

What firmware is on the 2110? Also do you have DoS defense enabled under the firewall menu?

Firmware version is 3.3.6

DoS defense is not enabled, should it be ?

Thanks in advance

More
19 Oct 2011 09:09 #69734 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Issues with 2110n and Virgin Router
Dos defense shouldn't break things but with certain network traffic it can give the appearance of internet access / DNS failing. Since you've got 3.3.6 and that does appear to be the latest, I'm not really sure if that's got wireless problems or not but I think it would be worth you trying out the 3.3.5.1 firmware on the router from here to see if that improves it:
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2110/Firmware/V3.3.5.1/

• marculos
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2011 09:17 #69744 by marculos
Hi, I might try with the older firmware, probably worth raising a ticket with Draytek. I found a 2910 router at work, testing with that this morning and wireless seems more stable.

Moderators: Sami