Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wake Up On Lan Application

• skarnm
  • Topic Author
More
17 Oct 2011 21:34 #69718 by skarnm
Wake Up On Lan Application was created by skarnm
Hello,

1. I am currently trying to wake up a NAS box on my network (Synology DS411+) via a PC. I have tried both mc-wol.exe and wol.exe from the command prompt (Windows 7 x64), with little success. So I am looking for a little clue as to why the device (NAS) isn't coming alive.

Both devices (NAS and PC sending WOL) connect into HP 1810G-24 switch, with the switch connecting into a Draytek 2820vn. The NAS has it's WOL set to yes. Both the NAS and the PC are using Bind MAC to IP within the 2820vn.

2. I did notice that there is a Wake Up on lan application on the router, but for the moment I am assuming that it's only for waking devices within the LAN from the outside world (internet).

Any thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2011 15:04 #69723 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic Re: Wake Up On Lan Application
I don't know if you have ever managed to successfully use WOL before but I found a thread on Synology's forum which may help you;

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34903

Seems like you can't wake up the NAS from a cold start if you've changed its name?

For future reference the 2820Vn's WOL application can be used to wake internal clients from inside the network e.g.: I can login to the router's admin interface from my desktop PC and wake up another desktop on the same network.

Hope this helps.

• skarnm
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2011 18:58 #69727 by skarnm
Replied by skarnm on topic Re: Wake Up On Lan Application
Thank you, it does.

Moderators: Sami