Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920n & Virgin Media 100mb Service

• yockers
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2011 16:23 #69759 by yockers
2920n & Virgin Media 100mb Service was created by yockers
Hi,

So I have my new VM service and I've connected it to WAN2 (Giga). As the VM service is (upto) 100mb I figure their router will run at Giga, so I check to manually change the speed of the WAN2 link to Giga. I see listed Auto, 10 (half & full), 100 (half &full) but NO Gigabit !!

So I've set it to Auto, and both lights against the port are Green, which according to the manual, the 2nd light means the link is set to Gigabit.

But I don't understand why I haven't got an option to force set the WAN2 speed to Gigabit ?

Performance wise, repeated speedtest.net tests show connectivity "only" at around 70mpbs, whereas I'd expect, on occasion to get the full 100mb or slightly more. 70mbps is what I would expect to get if my port was running at 100mb after contention etc etc.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2011 19:26 #70044 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: 2920n & Virgin Media 100mb Service
Remember it's to 100 mb not 100mb guaranteed. Report the speed to Vigin support forums not their Indian tech.
As for the gigabit well it's not going too matter is it really since 100mb is max anyway.

• yockers
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2011 12:32 #70049 by yockers
Replied by yockers on topic Re: 2920n & Virgin Media 100mb Service
Turns out there is no Gig setting. To get Gig you simply set it to Auto-Detect and hey presto, you get Gigabit. You can confirm this by SSH'ing to the FW itself or from your switch.

Moderators: Sami