DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SmartMonitor Failing

More
25 Oct 2011 20:56 #69810 by alani
SmartMonitor Failing was created by alani
I have installed SmartMonitor on a clean 2003 Server machine but have two problems:

1) I have the issue where I need to disable port mirroring in order to log on to SmartMonitor. Once logged on I can re-enable it, so this is only an annoyance rather than a show-stopper.

2) No traffic is being captured. I have tested with Wireshark and the port mirroring is certainly doing its job as I can see all the traffic, just SmartMonitor isn't seeing it!

After a bit of messing around I have noticed it has seen about 10 IP addresses from my network but all except the PC I was running the web browser on to view it, show 0 bytes and the PC I was running the web browser on is stuck on 347.

Any idea?

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2011 22:54 #69999 by alani
Replied by alani on topic Re: SmartMonitor Failing
Anyone?

Alan

More
09 Nov 2011 23:53 #70000 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: SmartMonitor Failing
a couple of things that will help -

update to 3.3.7 firmware if it's a 2820, the mirror port is a bit unreliable with 3.3.5.2 imo

make sure that the LAN card you're using for SmartMonitor is using the local subnet that you want to monitor, otherwise smartmonitor will ignore the traffic, from what I've seen.

More
10 Nov 2011 13:08 #70010 by alani
Replied by alani on topic Re: SmartMonitor Failing
Is the 3.3.7 firmware available in the UK? The web site only has 3.3.5.2. Although I am only using it for PPPoE not direct ADSL connection so could I run a non-UK firmware?
Thanks.

Alan

More
10 Nov 2011 16:07 #70016 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: SmartMonitor Failing
Nope it's on the international site (www.draytek.com) rather than the UK site - you can run a non-UK firmware as they just have all the modem codes on there - the 232201 modem code is highlighted on there for use in the UK only so download that and it should work without a problem.

Moderators: Sami