DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DNS Time out on 2830

More
26 Oct 2011 22:59 #69824 by zero
DNS Time out on 2830 was created by zero
Hi everyone, please help!

I have a 2830 setup using a Virgin cable connection on WAN2 that keeps loosing the DNS. I put the router in place today to replace a Netgear pro safe, at first no machines could access any web address yet other internet programs like Skype ect were working fine. I set the DNS manually on each machine and this seemed to fix the problem, all internet browsing on local machines was restored. But after 15-20 mins everything dropped again, i re-set the Draytek router and they all started to function normally. 15 mins later the same thing happened again, there is nothing else on the network except this router, a switch and 18 computers. The settings are identical to what the Netgear was yet the DNS keeps disappearing. I put the DNS settings in the router manually but still the same things happens. I've factory defaulted the router and added the same settings as before yet no difference.

Any ideas will be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 00:09 #69825 by zero
Replied by zero on topic Re: DNS Time out on 2830
I've just found this topic, i'm yet to test it but before i do does anyone think it would do the trick?

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16131&p=68909&hilit=dns#p68909

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami