DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850vn unable to find pppoe server over vdsl

• siman007
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2011 21:47 #69947 by siman007
Hi I have tried to setup my 2850vn with vdsl with Bt infinity service via my ISP zen.co.uk. It appears to work fine through the supplied BT modem via wan 2 on the 2850 but when I try to switch it and drive it through the adsl/vdsl port directly it correctly detects the vdsl service and shows my service details but try as I might it always fails to find the pppoe server, I know the account details are correct etc

Has anybody any ideas? Could the 2859s firewall be blocking the pppoe server connection? If so what do I need to change?
Thanks
S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2011 11:10 #69951 by ian_m
Try none blank password ? (ie try "fred" or anything else none blank.)

• siman007
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2011 20:27 #69954 by siman007
Hi thanks for the reply. I have entered my pppoe ISP username and password which are correct and works fine when I use the supplied Bt modem but with the draytek running the vdsl line directly the message i get says that it cannot find the pppoe server which insidently is the same message I get if I disconnect the wan2 port from the Bt modem.. So it feels like it's a fundamental problem comntacting the pppoe server.

Couldvit be the firewall or dns problem?

Thanks s

More
06 Nov 2011 21:14 #69955 by nametaken
Replied by nametaken on topic Re: 2850vn unable to find pppoe server over vdsl
Have you set the VLAN ID to 101 for the VDSL interface?

More
07 Nov 2011 11:22 #69963 by voodle
Insert the VLAN tag the same as the 2750 - check the WAN - General Setup - WAN1 page and on there set the VLAN Tag insertion to Enable and put 101 as the tag value. That should let it detect :)

More
18 Mar 2012 09:30 #71605 by netprimates
Replied by netprimates on topic Re: 2850vn unable to find pppoe server over vdsl

Siman007 wrote: Hi thanks for the reply. I have entered my pppoe ISP username and password which are correct and works fine when I use the supplied Bt modem but with the draytek running the vdsl line directly the message i get says that it cannot find the pppoe server which insidently is the same message I get if I disconnect the wan2 port from the Bt modem.. So it feels like it's a fundamental problem comntacting the pppoe server.

Couldvit be the firewall or dns problem?

Thanks s

Hi

Did you get this resolved as I am having the same issue. FTTC with a BTW provider not BT Retail, tried the VLAN method but still getting PPPoE no response from server. Checked Radius and cannot see any username attempt. Connected back up my BTO modem and 2130 and it logs straight back in.

I am on the latest firmware - Firmware 3.6.1

Sync speed also seems odd, upstream is listed 9999 with the 2850n when I have speedtests over 13Mbps when connected with BTO Modem/2130

Cheers

steve

Moderators: Sami