DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 BT ADSL Multiple Ip's setup

• longwilli
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2011 20:34 #69971 by longwilli
Vigor 2830 BT ADSL Multiple Ip's setup was created by longwilli
Hello I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but i just cannot figure it out. Im sure someone is able to help as this must be a problem others have encounters. I have a BT business router with 5 additional ips. On the BT router all was well but the actual router was pretty useless. So i have purchased the Vigor 2830. I have setup the internet with the main static IP and added all the ips to the WAN IP Alias. However when i then go into the NAT DMZ and allocate a public IP against a Private IP so it gains access to the internet it doesn't work. Am i missing something/ doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

My setting s currently are:

PPoE/PPoA

Multi-PVC: channel 1
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Encapsulating Type: VC MUX
Protocol: PPPoA
modulation: G.DMT
User & pass ok
PPP Auth: PAP or CHAP
fixed IP: Yes

Fixed IP address: 81.xx.xx.xx -- first IP as per BT

Then WAn IP's Added

Thanks, Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2011 22:48 #69976 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2830 BT ADSL Multiple Ip's setup
How are you testing that? By checking which WAN IP it's using or by testing port forwarding?

Try unticking Join NAT IP Pool in the WAN IP Alias page for those IPs and if you're testing by checking WAN IP - that's not affected by the NAT - DMZ setting, you need to configure Address Mapping for that.

• longwilli
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2011 19:07 #69984 by longwilli
Replied by longwilli on topic Re: Vigor 2830 BT ADSL Multiple Ip's setup
Im a bit lost on the bt router it says additional network with the last ip in the chain and a subnet. I have tried all the settings even ip lan area and entered these two details in but it doesnt issue one of the ips against the mac address. Any ideas?

More
09 Nov 2011 21:51 #69996 by penguininternet
Replied by penguininternet on topic Re: Vigor 2830 BT ADSL Multiple Ip's setup
As far as I remember, BT allocate the router's IP address via DHCP and so you cannot use one of the 5 static IP's against the router itself. We had loads of issues getting to grips with the configuration initially due to this.

More
10 Nov 2011 02:05 #70007 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2830 BT ADSL Multiple Ip's setup
That's true for the 2600 series specifically but all the later routers can force the use of one of those publics IPs so it should work in that way.

Moderators: Sami