Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

4 AP800's

• philhilluk
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2011 12:48 #70009 by philhilluk
4 AP800's was created by philhilluk
Hello everyone

I have 4 Vigor AP800’s that I would like to configure so I can provide seamless wireless connectivity over both floors of my office.

Testing has shown that no signal can get through between the floors so I’m thinking that I might be better off with all 4 of them wired back to a switch which in turn the ADSL router uplinks to but still able to pass a connection around between them if a user goes mobile.

The manual isn’t as helpful as I had hoped so please can anyone here possibly advise? :)

Regards

Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2011 15:53 #70012 by thrain
Replied by thrain on topic Re: 4 AP800's
I'd set up two subnets, one for wireless the other for wired.

If you don't you may see issues when people are connected via copper and they enable their wireless connection.

You won't have issues roaming via wireless if all the AP's use the same encryption and are on the same LAN segment, make sue the AP's are set to auto channel select or make sure you change the channels to suit.

BTW I've only ever set up large wireless LANS using Cisco AP's and have retired my 2820 for a Apple Timecapsule & Draytek 120.

More
10 Nov 2011 15:57 #70013 by thrain
Replied by thrain on topic Re: 4 AP800's
I'd have expected to see some sort of diagram with a few AP's connected to a LAN :-

http://www.draytek.com/user/PdInfoDetail.php?Id=122#PdApp

Moderators: Sami