DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n automatic router configuration over UPnP standards

• dmullard
  • Topic Author
More
12 Nov 2011 14:54 #70040 by dmullard
I have read this on another website

The Vigor 2820 Series ADSL Router Firewall supports the Windows Home Server automatic router configuration over UPnP standards

. My question is, does the 2710n also support this standard? It does not appear so to me. If it does, can someone tell me how to set it up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2011 18:12 #70042 by voodle
In the router's web interface, turn on UPnP since its not on by default, thats under the Application menu, on the UPnP page you just enable the 1st of the 3 options to turn on UPnP

• dmullard
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2011 02:00 #70048 by dmullard
Hi,

Yes I have UPNP enabled but Windows Home Server still cannot configure the 2710 using "UPnP standards". I only recently got the 2710n. I previously had a 2600we and that did not seem to properly support UPnP. One of the reasons for buying the 2710n was the hope that it would support UPnP better but it does not appear to be any better.

More
13 Nov 2011 16:46 #70053 by voodle
Oh ok, get hold of the 3.3.2.3 firmware from the ftp.draytek.com site and give that a go, otherwise ask Draytek support if they've got some firmware that fixes anything to do with that :) UPnP can mean two things, the first is port forwarding and the second that the router should not affect but can is UPnP for local network sharing / broadcast and I'm guessing in your case it's the latter for media sharing.

• dmullard
  • Topic Author
More
14 Nov 2011 13:14 #70063 by dmullard
Hi Voodle,

Have installed 3.3.2.3 and it still does not work. The message I get is "Your router might not support UPnP feature that is required to automatically configure port forwarding, or the UPnP setting for your router migh tbe turned of by default." so it would appear to be Port Forwarding that is the problem.

I will try and contact DrayTek support as you suggest.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers

More
14 Nov 2011 13:41 #70064 by voodle
ah ok good, that might just be that the router is using those ports - check if you've got remote management enabled under system maintenance then management and change the HTTP and HTTPS ports if you've got those enabled for remote management, then see if your WHS remains unhappy.

Moderators: Sami