DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n HTTP Admin Interface Dead After Successful Login

More
15 Nov 2011 17:33 #70083 by bdwe
Hello,

I'm new to the forum & to the DrayTek/Vigor line of products. I recently purchased a 2830n for work -- primarily for the failover features and some good reviews regarding reliability. However, from the first day of use I've been having issues with the unit dropping connections on two different, relatively stable, ADSL lines and also having the HTTP admin interface lock-up following successful log-in. Rebooting the unit will restore the DSL line for a few minutes before the line is dropped again (this is in contrast to other netgear and buffalo kit that can hold the line.) Unfortunately, rebooting the router doesn't always restore the HTTP admin interface to operational status and I may have to reboot multiple times to be able to log back in. I've also done a reset on the unit and reconfigured it with a bare-bones setup and managed to get it to hold the line for 2 days before repeating the symptoms.

At present the unit is effectively useless to us. Sad state of affairs for such an expensive bit of kit.

Just to be clear, this isn't a case of just issuing the wrong login credentials. If I do that, the interface successfully responds telling me of a problem logging in. It's when I use the correct credentials that the problem manifests. I also have Javascript and cookies enabled so it shouldn't be an issue there. I can also reproduce the problem in Firefox, IE and Chromium browsers. The log-ins seem to be being processed correctly as I'm getting the HTTP headers back setting a cookie and providing about 1k worth of data from the unit. On inspection of the page source, this appears to be *part* of the summary page that the unit displays post log-in but it is, however, truncated (always at the same point) part way through some javascript. The end result being a white-screen-of-death in the browser. It's almost as if the HTTP server in the unit is only sending a single packet -- but I haven't confirmed this.

I've opened a case with DrayTek support and they are suggesting a reflash of the box with the latest fw (3.3.6.1 singleband) but this is the same version of the firmware already in the unit.

Anyone every had this problem before? If so, how did you solve it?

UPDATE-1: A re-flash seems to have done the trick. No longer have a brick -- thanks Edward!

UPDATE-2: All went well with the unit for just over a month when used on a plusnet line from home. However, within 12 hours of transferring the unit to work and updating the ADSL login for the BT line there it failed again with exactly the same symptoms.

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2012 08:19 #72030 by info@gerritsict.nl
Replied by info@gerritsict.nl on topic Re: 2830n HTTP Admin Interface Dead After Successful Login
Hello Steve,

I'm having some sort of same problem as you. When users try to access the internet everything seems to be fine.
When users try to access a website like hotmail the screen turns blank. I can see in the website is being loaded but the screen simple stays white.

Do you have an update if you were able to fix your white screens?

Thanks

Rick

More
12 Feb 2013 14:21 #75164 by bdwe
Rick,

Sorry for the late reply but no, we didn't get this sorted out. We returned the unit to the supplier with a full case history and, all credit to them, got a full refund.

Moderators: Sami