DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 v1.5.2 Beta - USB temperature & sharing?

• ashleyhinton
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2011 18:46 #70499 by ashleyhinton
2750 v1.5.2 Beta - USB temperature & sharing? was created by ashleyhinton
Hi
I have installed v1.5.2 Beta firmware on my 2750 and can see there is now a USB temperature facility.
Is there a specification about what kind of sensor is supported, or are USB temperature sensors an industry standard?

Also is there any info on what software (on a PC or Mac) would be required to take advantage of the USB device sharing?

The new firmware feels quicker with respect to accessing the router - I'll know in a few days whether anything else has improved. Saying that v1.5.1 proved very reliable - only two drops over a couple of months.

Appreciate its beta but the USB temperature sensor feature & USB device share has got me curious :D

Thanks for a fantastic router!

Ashley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2012 21:50 #72556 by daviddavies
Replied by daviddavies on topic Re: 2750 v1.5.2 Beta - USB temperature & sharing?
Hi,

Did you ever find out what temp sensors are supported?

Thanks.
David

More
14 Jun 2012 07:51 #72581 by lorian
It says on the bottom of the setup screen.

More
14 Jun 2012 10:14 #72582 by enar1948
Thank you for sharing!

More
14 Jun 2012 17:57 #72598 by daviddavies
Replied by daviddavies on topic Re: 2750 v1.5.2 Beta - USB temperature & sharing?

Lorian wrote: It says on the bottom of the setup screen.

Wow, I missed that! Thanks!

More
14 Jun 2012 19:08 #72599 by lorian
The 2750 is very interesting. I've just bought one, having said I wouldn;t ever buy another Vigor. Whilst previous experience has shown the things can turn up with less functionality than advertised, this one seem to have more. I'll start a new thread on the extra features I've found sometime.

vernier go!temp is expensive at $50 and doesn't really seem to have made it to the UK market.

I guess the "Tenx" refered to is a Ten X Technology, Inc. PCsensor Temper (just by googling), but don't know for sure.

Maybe there are some other compatibles out there, this kind of sensor should be sub $10 from China.

Moderators: Sami