DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Kindle's Stopped Sync'ing with V2800...

• vigor2800btbbuser
  • Topic Author
More
22 Dec 2011 20:12 #70550 by vigor2800btbbuser
Kindle's Stopped Sync'ing with V2800... was created by vigor2800btbbuser
I am on BT Broadband Option 3. I connect to the Internet with Vigor 2800 and a Linksys WT54GS routers.

For ages this set up worked fine with all the devices in the house including two Kindles. Then one day a book was purchased on a Kindle but it never arrived. Both Kindles then failed to sync with the Amazon account and would not download any new books. I installed Kindle for Android which also failed to work when connected to Vigor 2800 and the Linksys WT54GS.

All the other wired and wireless devices could connect to the Internet and worked fine. If I connected the Kindles to the Internet via my HTC Desire (mobile phone network) they then worked. I replaced the Vigor 2800 and the Linksys WT54GS routers with the BT HomeHub I was sent and again the Kindles then started working again. I then connected the Linksys WT54GS to the BT HomeHub and connected a Kindle for Android (my HTC Desire again) to it and it worked. I can only assume that something has changed in the Vigor 2800 router or, more likely, at Amazon (though they deny this).

Any ideas?

Summarise:

All devices connect to the Internet okay with Vigor 2800 / Linksys WT54GS
Kindle's can access the Internet via Vigor 2800 / Linksys WT54GS (the experimental web page browser works).
Kindle's cannot sync with the Amazon account when connected to the Internet via Vigor 2800 / Linksys WT54GS.
Kindle's can sync with the Amazon account when connected via BT HomeHub.
One Kindle was reset to factory defaults but still failed.
Both the Vigor 2800 / Linksys WT54GS were power cycled but the problem still existed.

Thanks.

Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 21:57 #76031 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic Re: Kindle's Stopped Sync'ing with V2800...
Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue on a 2850vn.

• vigor2800btbbuser
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2013 15:00 #76058 by vigor2800btbbuser
Replied by vigor2800btbbuser on topic Re: Kindle's Stopped Sync'ing with V2800...

Mordorf wrote: Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue on a 2850vn.

No. I have been using my BT Home Hub 2.0A ever since it cropped up. I have not had chance to investigate it further.

More
06 May 2013 20:47 #76065 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic Re: Kindle's Stopped Sync'ing with V2800...
It's now starting syncing again. Must have been a problem with either my ISP or Amazon.

Moderators: Sami