DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750 and OpenVPN issue

More
10 Jan 2012 22:40 #1 by marcm
Vigor 2750 and OpenVPN issue was created by marcm
I have a 2750 in BT Infinity FTCC. The system has been running well and I have had minimal setup issues.
I was recently on ADSL2+ via a 2820 and that didnt miss a beat. The configuration has a DMZ to publish the server I have to controll a few servers I have behind a firewall. There are open ports as well for HTTP/S FTP VOIP and Vodafone SureSignal.
VPN and Remote access is disabled on the router.

Now the problem I am having is to support a client when working at home I require to VPN through to their network to allow me to work for them.
The VPN software is on Linux and using OpenVPN. When running the same configuration on the 2820 the VPN session is successful but on the 2750 the session becomes corrupt;
I can create a VPN session and it will connect and I can perform simple operations such as pinging local servers and access to cvs (source control) but when I attemp to do anything with svn (source control) the commands/data seems to get lost.

I have tried disabling all configured features as in... removing any open ports and DMZ but it is still broken.
If I switch back to the BT modem and router I can operate as normal.

Is the 2750 using some form of OpenVPN for its internal VPN ? I bet its linux based so there may be a conflict of routing interest here.

Anyone else experiencing trouble with third party VPN solution using the 2750 as the gateway ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami