DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n multiple subnet/SSIDs

More
12 Jan 2012 12:17 #70737 by dezz
2830n multiple subnet/SSIDs was created by dezz
I'm trying to get a 2830n configured with at least 3 separate wireless networks on their own independent subnets and SSIDs. The LAN IP setup appears to be already set how I need out the box i.e 192.168.1.x LAN1/ 192.168.3.x LAN2 / 192.168.5.x LAN3 etc. although to enable the LANs I need to enable VLAN.

Having had no luck with doing this initially I'm trying to just get the lan ports configured with their own IP subnet first. I've set up the 2830n as per the diagrams here http://support.draytek.net.au/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/251/3/how-to-configure-multi-subnet-in-vigor2830 which look correct but I get a message of "Please set one vlan group at least! Please check port5". This number increases/decreases if I add/reduce checkboxes. I've tried all sorts of combinations of setups but nothing seems to work. I'd be grateful if anyone could please give me any more info.

Many thanks,
Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2012 14:05 #70750 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic Re: 2830n multiple subnet/SSIDs
Hi
I recently setup our 2830's with a second 'guest' wlan so it does work. I remember getting the same sort of error as you and I think it was something to do with the order I had (or had not) set things up in. My rough notes suggest I did the following whioch worked in the end...

1. Created second SSID (islolated in our case).
2. Set WLAN security aparsm for second SSID.
3. Enabled the VLAN facility with..
VLAN0 using P1-3 and SSID1,3,4 and LAN1
VLAN1 using P4 and SSID2 and LAN2
4. Configured LAN2

That's a bit rough but you get the jist. I got a feeling that every LAN port (P?) and every SSID MUST be allocated to a VLAN even if not in use else you get the error you listed... but I may be wrong (memory not what it used to be)....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami