Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN Question (2850Vn)

• vordaka
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2012 19:35 #1 by vordaka
VPN Question (2850Vn) was created by vordaka
Hi all,

Would anyone be able to advise me on whether the setup I have in mind is possible?

Basically I have a Vigor 2850Vn connected to the internet via BT Business broadband (I bought the 2850Vn to replace BT's router). I have a block of 8 public IPs (5 available to me).

I connect the devices that I want to be directly accessible from the internet directly to the 2850Vn. The internal devices are connected to another router (Netgear WNDR3700 running OpenWRT). The internal router does have one of the public IPs and it does allow some internet traffic through to the internal network through port forwarding.

I'd like to be able to do this: Have an internet client connect to the 2850Vn using L2TP/IPSec, but then allow that client access to the internal network of the WNDR3700. To do this I'd need to have a connection from the 2850Vn to the internal side of the WNDR3700 but still allow the WNDR3700 to route internal traffic (while the 2850Vn just sends traffic from the VPN client onto the internal network).

Can anyone advise on how to do this (or if it's actually possible)?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami