DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY

More
07 Feb 2012 20:33 #71110 by adw
Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY was created by adw
I've recently upgraded to BT Infinity & have a new Vigor 2850n router connected to it. Problem is, I can't get it to connect on the ADSL/VDSL port so I'm currently using it with the BT supplied modem on LAN port 4. I've searched the forums and the Internet for related issues & have tried all the suggestions I found, but nothing has worked so far. There is a configuration guide for the 2750 on the Draytek UK site, but applying those settings to the 2850 doesn't work. I know some people have got this to work successfully, so does anyone have a definitive guide as to how the 2850 should be set up to work properly with BT Infinity/

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2012 09:28 #71263 by roy.p
Replied by roy.p on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
Did you get the router to work?

I received my router yesterday and was up and running very fast. Let me know and I will show you the configuration I used :-)

• chris@progressive-tsl.com
More
18 Feb 2012 15:09 #71265 by chris@progressive-tsl.com
Replied by chris@progressive-tsl.com on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
Ive been trying to get a new 2850n working but it wont connect to infinity via the vdsl port. I have also tried using the old bt moden plugged into the lan4 port but I keep getting told the userid or password is incorrect.
i have double check userid & psw on the old netgear and they work fin, any suggestions?

More
19 Feb 2012 11:07 #71270 by roy.p
Replied by roy.p on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
The password username I used was 'bthomehub@btbroadband.com' and the password was blank (no space or anything!)

The only other setting I adjusted was

VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL): Tag value: 101

I did nothing else, It just worked for me.

Hope this helps :-)

• chris@progressive-tsl.com
More
20 Feb 2012 09:53 #71275 by chris@progressive-tsl.com
Replied by chris@progressive-tsl.com on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
Thanks for the feed back, I have now got infinity working using the BT modem, and will try changing the tag setting over the next weekend with the VDSL port

More
22 Feb 2012 15:03 #71327 by 21alpha
Replied by 21alpha on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
Hi
I got my 2850n last night and followed the quick setup guide.
I couldnt connect to the internet via WAN 1 (VDSL) port until I put the VLAN ID tag of 101 into the relevant page. As soon as I did that - Bingo!

username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
password: (blank, nothing in it)

hope this helps

P.S am not a network expert by any means, so if someone can tell me how to configure LAN 4 ports as just an ethernet port for a computer rather than a WAN port this would be greatly appreciated. I'll start a thread actually which might help other users.

Moderators: Sami